The site is located at the junction between Ann Street, Brooklyn Street and Charles Street in St Helier, Jersey, Channel Islands.
The works consisted of installing a 900mm diameter pipe around the western and northern perimeter of the site, connecting up to the existing town brook at either end (Town Brook Diversion). The Town Brook running through the middle of the proposed development was then capped off and made dead.
The next phase of the works was to lay 109 meters of DN 1400 GRP pipe from the main shaft around the western and southern perimeter of the site. Installing 2No 3.0m diameter manholes and installing 250-500mm diameter pipework, connecting onto the new 1400mm pipework for surface water connections from the existing drainage network.
The works allow the future development and proposed underground car park to be installed. The works were split in to two phases with programmed for a total of 12 months. The works were completed on time and within the budget.